Wednesday, August 14, 2013

More Summer Camp Fun!

Today I taught some of the older kids how to crochet and we also made friendship bracelets from yarn. The younger children just braided (or plaited as they say on Dominica) their bracelets, while the older girls used the more difficult knotting technique I taught them. All the girls here are experts at braiding since they learn at a young age to braid their hair elaborately so they picked up everything I taught them quickly.

hard art work crocheting

plaiting (or braiding) a bracelet, while my friend crochets...

showing her how to crochet

She's a real expert at friendship bracelets now....


showing off her handiwork...

I didn't even need to show him how...

Hey! I can crochet!
the kids liked these activities so much we will be doing more of this tomorrow....





No comments:

Post a Comment